Links to Wiltshire Museums
- Trowbridge Museum – Town Council museum covering the town and the villages southwards to Salisbury Plain, with a special interest in the woollen cloth industry.
- Wiltshire Heritage Museum, Devizes -The premier collection of archaeology in northern Wiltshire, belonging to the Wiltshire Archaeology & Natural History Society; also now holds the Wiltshire Folklife collection.
- Bradford on Avon Museum – Local History Collection
- Fox Talbot Museum, Lacock -National Trust museum of photography
- Kennet & Avon Canal Museum, Devizes – The K&A Trust’s museum.
- Chippenham Museum – Town Council museum
- Dewey Museum, Warminster – Independent local history collection displayed in the library.
- Pewsey Heritage – Independent collection in an agricultural engineer’s works.
- The Merchant’s House, Marlborough
- Mere Museum – Independent collection with displays in the library.
- Salisbury & South Wiltshire Museum – The main museum of southern Wiltshire
- Castle Combe Museum – Small museum of the village and area
- Cricklade Museum – Small independent town museum
- Athelstan Museum, Malmesbury – Formerly North Wiltshire Council, now independent
- Alexander Keiller Museum, Avebury – English Heritage’s museum of Avebury archaeology
- Purton Museum – Independent museum of local history and archaeology.
- Steam, Swindon -The museum of the Great Western Railway
- Swindon Museum & Art Gallery -municipal multi-disciplinary museum
- The Wardrobe (Berkshire and Wiltshire) Museum, Salisbury -The Wiltshire Regiment
- Calne Heritage Centre
- Corsham Area Heritage & Information Centre
- Westbury Visitor Centre