Some photos capture the quiet and rural nature of a place and we think this one did just that.
We are looking at the west end and north side of St Mary’s church. We think this was taken in 1929. The photo is in an album we acquired from an internet auction site and other photos in the album are captioned with the year 1929. We do not know who the photographer was but on this occasion they have got a truly pastoral view across fields to the unchanging church.
By the way the church is the Church of England and that is why St George’s Cross – the English flag – flies over the tower. It looks as though there was quite a strong westerly wind blowing that day.
This area has been reshaped to allow for an access road to the Community Hall but it has not been built on. Here’s a similar modern view.